Clear Creek Wildcats
Bell Schedule and Attendance
Clear Creek High School Attendance Information
Please keep the following points in mind if and when your student arrives late to school or must be checked out early.
- Students are allowed only 8 absences per class for the fall semester, 9 absences for the spring semester. A loss of credit will result in the classes that the student has exceeded their limit.
- Each student is allowed five Discretionary Days per year that can be used for unusual causes such as family trips, club sports, sibling graduations, weddings, etc. If the criteria is met and two weeks prior approval is given, the absence will be excused. However, students shall not be granted an excused absence during semester exams or state-wide assessment exams. No 9 weeks tests or semester exams may be taken early. These absences will count against exemptions for 2nd semester.
- No Verification of Enrollment will be issued if the student has exceeded the allotted days. This figure is taken from the last completed semester. Must have VOE to apply/get driver’s license.
- If a student is in attendance a portion of the day, a medical or dental note can be used for that absence and it will not count as one of the allotted days for the semester.
- Notes must be received in the attendance office within 3 days of the absence to be excused. After the 3-day limit, an absence cannot be excused for any reason. 5 consecutive days will require a doctor’s note to return to school.
- Parent/guardian may send a handwritten note with signature and phone number or medical or dental note via e-mail (or fax to: 281-284-1705 to excuse a student’s absence.
- CCISD recognizes the following as excused absences: illness, death in family, quarantine, extreme bad weather, family emergency, and religious holidays. Car trouble is not an excused absence.
- For late arrivals (after 7:20), the student must check in with the Attendance Office prior to going to class.
Student Check Out
- If your student will be leaving early, please send a written note with them for the attendance office first thing in the morning. The student will be given a pass to come to the office at the designated time. If a note was not received prior to check out, you can expect a possible delay while we summon your student to the office.
- If your student is a driver and needs to check out early, a note is required from parent stating the time for check out, destination, and that he/she has permission to drive themselves. Same applies to walkers. No student (even 18-year-olds) will be allowed to check out without written consent from parent. Student must check out through the Attendance Office prior to leaving campus, or they will be marked as an unexcused absence. NO VERBAL CONSENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- All students must be signed out through the attendance office or the student will be truant. When checking out your student, please remember to bring your photo ID.